December 17, 2005

Saturday Night's Alright

I honestly do not know where the time goes! I meant to blog on Wednesday; that didn't happen. So here I am on Saturday night, blogging, when I should be baking cookies. Ah, such is life!

Yesterday, Kevin and I took the boys to see the Nutcracker. We had a great time enjoying the ballet, especially because daddy was with us. It is always a rare treat when Kevin is able to join us for a field trip. On the way down to the theatre, I was telling Kevin how much we enjoyed the Nutcracker last year when Jeremy piped up from the back and said, "You're really going to like it, daddy."

We stopped at Chick-Fil-A for lunch on the way home and went in to eat instead of doing a mobile meal. While we were eating, and the boys were playing in the playroom, I told Kevin that my Spicy Chicken Wrap tasted like North Carolina. When we were down there for his interview in August, there was a Chick-Fil-A right next to our hotel and we ate lunch there three times. Spicy Chicken Wraps and Waffle Fries never get boring!

Speaking of North Carolina, Monday is the 19th, the day we are supposed to hear about the job. I have a good feeling, but we shall see.

I think I have finally come up with a clever tag line, tell me what you think.

Look to the finish!

7 comments:

Mise en Place said...

LOL, glad to hear that you're not breaking the Mother law. You are actually BAKING your cookies, lol. Man, I'm losing some serious ground on that Mother of the Year Award, huh?

Yes, it's always great when Daddy gets to join in on anything.

The tag line? Fantabulous! Love IT!

Mindy Buller said...

I love The Nutcracker!! We haven't been in a few years. I love the tag line. But, it doesn't mean I have to start running or anything, does it?

Thom said...

Nice tag line! :0)

J-Lynn said...

Mother law? Ummm I guess there's a warrant out for me...LOL I had time to bake cookies back when I had 1 child. Maybe when Tristan is 5? LOL

Glad you had a great time, it's always a treat when Geo comes along too. I've been thinking about you and prayed just before coming to your blog, I remembered tomorrow is the 19th. BTW, 19 is my favorite number, let's hope that means something...lol

Love the tag line, it fits you perfectly...

HUGS

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever." ~ 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 (that's the only race I can run at the moment...LOL)

melissa said...

Love the tag line. I can really appreciate what it means to have Dad along on your outings. It just makes everything better, doesn't it?
We are baking this week too. Whatever you do, don't try the Saltine Toffee. I don't know if it's because it's actually as tasty as it seems, or if it's because it's so darned easy to make....but I have begun thinking of sticks of butter, in terms of how many batches of toffee we can make....(sigh).
I am praying for y'all about the job offer.

CMB said...

Good for you guys! I love the line. Wishing good things for you guys.

J-Lynn said...

Hoping no news is good news Laney.

({({({({hugs)})})})})