September 9, 2006

Saturday Round-Up

WOW! 19 comments on my birthday post. I should celebrate my birthday more often, except I will be counting backward from now on. That's the rule right, once you hit 35 you get to go back?

We got back home from Florida last night. We were visiting my parents, who live in Florida (duh!) and we had such a great time that we didn't want to leave. I love my parents, they are so much fun to be with. If you are ever in the Ft.Lauderdale area call them, they'll take you out for dinner.

We arrived home to a flurry of activity regarding the boys soccer season. I am Jeremy's soccer coach, a default coach if you will. A few weeks ago the man from the soccer association called and said, "We have a team for Jeremy, but we have no coach for the team." Of course you know I volunteered to do it. Mostly because I really wanted Jeremy to be able to play and a little part of me has always wanted to have people call me "Coach."

Today was our first game. We didn't win, but we had a lot of fun and my Jeremy scored the first goal for our team. Way to go, little man!

When my sister found out that I was the coach of the team she said, "I always knew she would end up with a clipboard and a whistle." She cracks me up.

John has his own coach and they also had their first game today. John did great. I think it was the blond hair. hahaha

Look to the finish!

3 comments:

Jersey Girl said...

Hello Coach,
We didn't want you to leave!
Dinner, you say????
Love you

CMB said...

Congrats on your first game Coach! I am glad that the boys did well too.

Your parents do sound like so much fun and the times I've been around them they are. Good for you on a nice visit.

mommy to six J's said...

Great job coach, we have are first game this Saturday and my litle girl want's to play goalie yuck I hate that. All I can picture is al of her teeth falling out. Here's to a great season.
Char