October 8, 2006

Sunday Conversation

Kevin and I were sitting on the couch watching Becoming A Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. I know, I know, trash television and all that, but it reeled us in.

The girls who make it through the grueling audition process have to go through a four day "cheerleader bootcamp" if you will. One of the things that they do is line up, all scantily clad 43 of them, in a room. They then proceed to get on the scale while being hooked up to a body fat calculator and have their weight and body fat broadcast for all of the free world to hear. The next scene is all of the girls drinking arsenic.

Just kidding about the arsenic.

The man taking down all of their information tells a girl who weighs 136 lbs and has 23% body fat that she needs to tone up and reduce her body fat. Suddenly, I felt pretty good about my 35 year old, saggy butted self.

He then tells her that the uniform is very unforgiving, especially the shorts.















(It forgave her.)


I told Kevin that I should consider becoming a DCC. (See, I even use their lingo. It's meant to be.)

Kevin: So you're going to become a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader?

Laney: Well, if my ice skating career falls through, I will become a DCC.

Kevin: Uh-huh.

pause

Kevin: You could just get the shorts, that I would like to see. I would even pay you to wear those shorts.

Laney: I think we just crossed a line.

LOL!

Look to the finish!

3 comments:

Oklahoma Girl said...

OK, I am laughing uncontrolably. The furkids think I am more nuts than usual. ~smiles~ That is just too funny!! Maybe you should have found out how much money Kevin was offering. You might be able to retire ~smiles again~.
Sounds like ya'll are having a wonderful day.
Have a fabulous week!!

Blessed be....

Laney said...

LOL, Sleepless! I know how much money he has, no retiring here!

We live on love!

melissa said...

BWAHAHAHAH!
Seriously. Get the shorts. Take the money. Fall shoes?!