October 13, 2010

Crazy Heart

Last night Kevin and I watched a movie called Crazy Heart. I am going to say this one time only- go and rent it.

Now.

GO!

I'll wait.

This movie moved me on the same level that Once did. In a world of blockbuster movies that assault our senses with their overt sexuality, filthy language and poor acting comes a movie that does just the opposite. Crazy Heart is a quiet, thoughtful and beautifully acted movie that leaves you with the feeling that you were somehow part of the experience.

The movie follows Bad Blake played by The Dude himself, Jeff Bridges. He is a used up country music singer looking for redemption. The trailer says it better than I can.



In addition to Bridges winning an Oscar for his incredibly moving performance, the song The Weary Kind by Ryan Bingham also won an Oscar.





It is lines this this one that will draw you in, grab you and hold you.

"I keep feeling obliged to apologize for being less then you probably imagined me to be."

See this movie. You will not be disappointed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laney - I knew we were separated at birth! I loved this movie - the soundtrack is the only item on my birthday list. Robert Duvall singing the little part of the Billy Joe Shaver lyric?....*faint*dead*away*.

Beautiful film. My eyes get a little teary just writing this.

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your blog here. What in the world is a body pump? Just asking.

I saw that movie along time ago...kinda forget it. ummmm anyhoo.

Laney said...

CC- I went to the library and borrowed the soundtrack. I am loading it onto my iPod today. We love Robert Duvall! What a wonderful little part he had. When they are fishing in the boat? *waterworks*

Laney said...

Berries-
Body Pump is a group fitness class that I teach. It is a weight training class.

FairfieldHouse said...

I will watch this over the weekend and report back.