February 23, 2005

Hollywood Beach

Yesterday we went to Hollywood Beach for the afternoon. It was just beautiful! There was no breeze and the sun was hot, hot, hot. Luckily my dad had the sun umbrella in his van. He is so cute, my dad, he has rain umbrellas (3), a sun umbrella, a sheet, beach chairs and extra clothes for both hot and cool weather. He was definitely a boy scout who was always prepared! So we sat out in the sun for about 2 hours and when we felt we were thoroughly burned, left. Kevin, realizing he was a little, er, fragrant decided to use the coconut scented tan accelerator as deodorant! He smelled so yummy I wanted to bite him. We bounced around the town of Hollywood for a couple hours and then ate a wonderful lunch at a lovely Italian restaurant. On our way home we stopped at this really cool place called The Bass Pro Shop. Everything you could ever want and more for all your outdoor needs. Just outside is a small lake with canoes and sailboats with a sign saying they give sailing lessons. It has been a dream of mine to own a sailboat, I love the idea of being pushed over the water by the wind. My parents bought us a Snark sailboat when we were young kids and my sister and I learned to sail in that. We had some of our best times out in that sailboat! When you are 15 and 12, everything is funny (remember Laurie)!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

I'm so glad that you and Kevin are having such a good time! You will reap the benefits of this trip for a long time! Its nice to remember why we married them to begin with! I LOVE the pictures of Joe's 1st birthday..He's SUCH a cutie!