March 18, 2005

Face it honey, You're gettin' old!

My Jeremy has a real sense of honesty about him and it comes out in the funniest ways. Yesterday he said to me, "Mommy, why do you have all those little crinkles here?" He was pointing to my forehead. I was so taken aback by his question that I could not even think of an answer, I just started to laugh. I explained to him that they are wrinkles laugh lines and that is what happens to your face as you get older. He thought about this for a minute and then he said, "Oh, so that's why your knees make that breaking sound when you go up the stairs." Yeeaahh, O.K.

This kid cracks me up. Most of the time.

We just finished studying about animals and now we are on to the human body. We began with our five senses and we had a great deal of fun testing them out with different things around the house. For some reason they thought the names of the ear bones were hysterical. They kept looking for hammers in each others ears! We also read some Magic School Bus books, Inside Ralphie and Inside The Human Body. It was really interesting learning about blood cells, platelets and the heart and lungs. That night at dinner I was having the kids tell Kevin all of the things we read and learned (bad mother!! doesn't like writing narrations, so that suffices for showing their comprehension of material.)
Me: Guys, tell dad what it is that makes you stop bleeding.
Jeremy: Band-aids!

We had a good chuckle at that one! I said, how about the word that starts with "P" and they yelled in unison, "platelets!"

Today they had art and did some amazing drawings and paintings. I will take pics tomorrow and post them. I am dog tired!! Bible study last night and up way too late again. Another sign of old age, caffeine affecting me adversely. The only thing I want to Press On to is my pillow!!

3 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

I love your sons choice of words :o)
Crinkles...and breaking bones.

You need to rest, honey!
hehehe

Anonymous said...

thanks for coming to my blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gianna
http://gipom.blogspot.com

Dy said...

ROFLOL!!!

I've *almost* given up on trying to get the boys to "share" what they've learned that day. It never turns out the way I had planned. This, however, is a great one! Too funny!

Dy