September 27, 2005

A Vocabulary Lesson

Laney, can you please define the word crazy?

Why, yes, I can. Crazy- mentally ill, insane. very distressed or upset

O.K., now, how about some alternate words?

Alright, according to the thesaurus. Crazy a. crazed, demented, mad: see insane 1.-go crazy become insane, lose one's wits, get angry: see rage

Can you use the word "crazy" in a sentence?

Today, I think I am going to go crazy.

Very good. Can you define the word insane?

Umm, alright. Insane- showing or afflicted with insanity; mentally ill.

That's fine, now how about from the thesaurus again.

Insane a. 1 [deranged] crazy, razed, wild, raging, frenzied, lunatic, balmy, schizophrenic, psychotic, psychopathic, delusional, unhinged, mentally unsound, mentally ill, daft, possessed, stark mad, out of one's mind, obsessed, touched, cracked, screwy, nutty, nuts, schizo, loco, wacko, wacky, haywire, batty, bonkers, unglued, off one's rocker, not all there

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did you ever have one of those days?

Well, today is one of those days.

7 comments:

Jersey Girl said...

Should I send help? Should I be worried?
Love,
Mom

Jules said...

LOL! (((Laney))) I don't mean to laugh at your misery, but you have such a way with words!

I hope your tomorrow is better than your today. Keep smilin'. We know where you've been cause we've been there too.

Mindy Buller said...

I enjoy your blog, Laney!! Tomorrow must be better!

Randi said...

(((Hugs))) for you! Hope this new day brings a little more sanity!

melissa said...

Keep, goin',..... Keep goin'....Almost there....It'll get better...

BTW, this is what I say to myself while I am running! (I am quite new to the whole running thing!)

J-Lynn said...

My common answer to the kids when they ask "where are you going?" is, "Crazy, wanna come?"

I know how you feel Hope today is a brighter more sane day for you!

Hugs

Anonymous said...

I know those crazy days all too well my dear. I love what Jess said, I too, have said that to my kids. They just look at me and roll their eyes like "ya, mom-we know". Better to have a fun mama that knows how to roll with the flow of craziness than one who resorts to drinking (drop that coffee ma'am!).
Love,
The Crazy Gal in CA.
:-)