October 20, 2005

Bustin' A Sag

Every morning I get up, get dressed in a pair of jeans that are two sizes too big for me and whatever shirt Kevin happened to leave on the floor next to the bed and proceed to bring my children to school looking like a homeless housewife. Classy, I know. I also put on a belt to hold up the way too big jeans, but this morning the belt was AWOL. No time to search, out the door bustin' a sag. I called Kevin to see if he knew where my belt was, it is a plain brown leather belt with a silver buckle and could easily be confused for one of his belts.

Laney: Hey! Have you seen my belt?

Kevin: Yes, it's on top of the dryer. I thought it was mine and when I tried to put it on, I thought, Oh.My.God. I am getting fat.

Laney: (laughing) O.K. thanks. My pants are falling down.

Kevin: Classy.

6 comments:

Mise en Place said...

I too dress in the fashionable "homeless housewife" designs. It's a great look, lol!

Hey, maybe we should start a club, ya think?

Have a good one.

J-Lynn said...

ROFL at least you weren't showing "plumber crack" ;-)

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could start a new fashion trend: "The I'm-too-tired-to-find-non-droopy-drawers -that-fit-me Housewife" look.
Every woman in America would worship the ground you walk on!

-dawn
one who wants to join your club

Laney said...

ROFLOL!! You girls crack.me.up!

Donna Boucher said...

Are you remembering to eat?

Dy said...

I have a pair of jeans that are identical to Zorak's. Except that they don't quite fit over this thighs, and inevitably they'll end up in his drawer, he'll put them on... and then panic for a very brief second before he starts looking for the size tag. I can't help but giggle. It's really cute to actually "see" the thought run across his face, just as Kevin said, "Oh.My.God. I am getting fat." Hee hee.

I'll be thinking of you this weekend, sweetie. Call me if you need to hear anything really strange to make you smile. I'm sure we'll have plenty by Saturday evening, ok? ;-)

Dy