November 7, 2005

Bowls, The Toilet Kind and Otherwise

The toilet saga has ended. Kevin had to remove the toilet and there it was, the tractor in all its glory. Yes, I know I said it was a backhoe, I really thought it was a backhoe. All I can say is, it was very early in the morning and essentially all matchbox products look the same.

I should apologize for my use of bathroom talk in a public forum. I hope no one was upset. Kevin could not believe that I blogged the conversation that we had. Oh, well. It's nature, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was our monthly homeschool bowling day and as always, we had a lot of fun. Jeremy bowled a 92 and got himself two spares and one strike. Our name is, The Holy Bowlers. Cute, huh? It just came to me, off the top of my head. The lady at the bowling alley got a real kick out of it, too. She has said to me, on more than one occasion, how well behaved all of the kids are. They are very receptive to homeschoolers and it has been a pleasure to patronize that bowling alley.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't wait until Kevin has his interview next Monday. I freely admit that I lack self-control in the area of delayed gratification. I want to know. Now. We are very hopeful and nervous at the same time. If this happens, it will be a rather large undertaking. Would it be considered a cross country move if it's on the same coast?

We're excited! I'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

Mise en Place said...

No apology needed, please. Bathroom banter is the very best. What better place to talk about having a piece of heavy equipment stuck in your bowl than a blog?

Gosh, I feel like I'm waiting for the answer about the job. I'm very excited for you all.

I'm off to see what John has to say. :):)

Randi said...

Hi Laney,

I think any move feels like a cross-country move! All that packing-YUCK-we have done it one too many times! Well, enough negativity for one comment.

I am looking forward to finding out what is going on too! Hang in there!

melissa said...

Glad that you got the sh*tter unclogged! However, I am sorry that Kevin had to take the toilet out. THAT is not a pleasant job!

I can comiserate about the interview. I have Sooooo been there. Heck, I am beginning to think that I LIVE there! Race has had a lot of job changes in the last few years. The waiting nearly kills me.

Thom said...

Oh, man, I can't believe the whole bowl had to come off! I'm sure sorry you had to deal with that.

DELAYED gratification? What's that? IMMEDIATE gratification, now that I'm familiar with, as my ever-growing pants size will attest, LOL! ;0)

Seriously, I hope all goes well with the interview. I'll say a prayer!

J-Lynn said...

We love bathroom humor. ;-)

I'm the same way as you. I wanted to know what sex the baby was and now I JUST WANNA HOLD HIM!!! ;-) I would want to know about the interview as well.

Prayers still coming your way on that one! LOL@the holy bowlers, love that one!

Dy said...

Um, Laney, I think Kevin is seriously overestimating the caliber of your readers... ;-) I mean, it's nice of him to do so, but definitely unnecessary. Has he read some of our blogs? lol.

Glad the problems is solved. Glad he is such a trooper about it. Are you going to start a poll on what Little Joe is going to do next?

Dy