August 28, 2007

PMS, It Isn't Just for Women

So, I think that Joe has PMS. I googled PMS Symptoms and thought that I'd share what I found. The most common were mood swings, tearfulness, irritability, angry outbursts, changes in libido and bloating. I think we can safely cross changes in libido and bloating off of our list.


Here are his symptoms and some examples:

Symptom #1: Mood Swings
Example: I walk into the room and say, rather cheerfully, "Hi, Joe!" He says, just as cheerfully, "Hi Mommy!" I ask if he wants some apple juice and he grunts and screams, "NOOOOOOOO."

Umm, hello? Ya just said "Hi" all happy like. Whatever, crazy boy.

Symptom #2: Tearfulness
Example: Well , I guess the constant crying and whining all day would be the example.

Symptom #3: Irritability
Irritability is defined as an excessive response to stimuli. So here's what we have. Stimuli: Legos. A harmless enough stimuli. Excessive response: Hurling Legos across the room because, well, because you have PMS.

In my book, Irritability and angry outbursts go hand in hand. So what say you? He has PMS, right?

Or.

OR! He's just three and a half?

Either way, he's driving me bonkers. He is, however, still really cute!

Look to the finish!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a 10-and-a-half year old girl who's experiencing those same three symptoms - and she's driving me crazy!

CMB said...

I hear you! I know girls are bad, but 3/4 year old boys are too. The whining is what kills me. I really dislike that one. I was fooled into thinking it was a girl thing. You should write a book - it would be a best seller.

andie said...

Three year old boys. *twitch* Yes, I have one too *twitch* We're getting along just fine *GET OFF OF THE WASHING MACHINE* I don't know why you're having so much *QUIT RIDING THE CAT!* trouble with Joe, Laney. *twitch*

Jules said...

LOL! I never thought about it before, but yes, I do believe three year olds have PMS. Piss-off Mommy Syndrome! ;)

Anonymous said...

ha,ha.
i.love.your.post.

3 was a tough age for all of mine, but now I'm going through the real thing with G and B and oh my- it's no joke- the thought of it someday being all 5 of us?!???!

Anonymous said...

Hey, girl - I tagged you for a homeschool meme. Maybe that will bring you out of your blogging hiatus?