September 1, 2010

September begins

(Can that title be any lamer?)

I cannot believe that it is September already. Just last week it was June, and we were reveling in the long days of summer that we had stretched out before us. Now, I have the inexplicable urge to sing Neil Diamond songs.



Today I have to conquer Home School Closet #2, I conquered Home School Closet #1 earlier this summer. I took all of the various items that I did not know what to do with and moved them to closet #2, and I can no longer put off the inevitable purge and organize. I am good at purging and organizing, so that does not bother me. But when that closet is completed I have no other excuse to not start another school year. The fact that I have not ordered our curriculum is, well, pathetic. And I know it. Just this week I made the final decision to go with BJU. This is new for us this year and I am hoping that it helps to foster more independence in my older boys while allowing me to spend some much needed one-on-one time with Joe.

I feel optimistic about the coming year. This is a change from last year when all I felt was dread. Home schooling is both a blessing and a trial. I still feel that we are called to it, but I was definitely waning in my desire to continue being the one responsible for my childrens' education. I am renewing my mind and trying to accentuate the positive.

Enjoy this September morn!

I leave you with one of my favorite fall poems.

Autumn

The morns are meeker than they were,
The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.

The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on.

-Emily Dickinson

No comments: