July 20, 2011

Cold as Ice

Last night I was freezing. In the middle of a New Jersey heatwave. Kevin had the ceiling fan in the bedroom turned on and I was scurrying to get under the down comforter.

"What is the thermostat set on?" I asked. "Meat locker? Morgue?"

"I don't know." He replied. "But it feels fine to me."

"Well, I am freezing."

At this point Kevin told me that he would help to get me warm. He snuggled in close to me and began singing-

You're as cold as ice.
You're willing to sacrifice our love
You never take advice
Someday you'll pay the price, I know

I refrained from elbowing him in the nose. Of all the songs that I would like to have sung to me as a bedtime lullaby, Foreigner's Cold as Ice does not remotely place on the list.



We caught the middle to end of Forgetting Sarah Marshall. If you have not seen it, take a peek at this clip. Russell Brand is hee-larious in this movie.

"It's like this one's fellow."

No comments: