February 18, 2005

Saturday

I have been trying in vain to upload a picture of my brother and I to this post. I think it will just have to wait until we get back home. (Sigh)

We spent some time with him yesterday on the boat that he works on, I think it is more appropriately referred to as a yacht. We were able to meet the captain and tour the whole boat. I always love to see how the other half lives and let me tell ya, they live well! Today he is taking us out on the tender, think yachts baby. We are going to travel up and down the intracoastal and observe palatial estates and beautiful landscape, how fun! He is planning on taking us to lunch at a Greek restaurant and I keep wondering if the people will resemble the cast of My Big, Fat Greek Wedding.

I went to get a manicure and pedicure at a local salon yesterday. I was originally going to get only a pedicure, if you had seen my feet you would understand, but they talked me into the whole shebang. When you are being serviced by someone who does not speak English very well and is wielding sharp metal objects, you want to be as agreeable as possible. Our conversation went something like this:
Manicurist: Does that hurt?
Me: No (wince) not a bit. (My cuticle is now bleeding.)
Manicurist: Water too hot?
Me: No (hiss, as my feet hit the tub)
Somehow when your nails look beautiful you forget that the nerve endings in your feet are now permanently damaged and you may be in need of a blood transfusion.

Last night we rented a movie called The Italian Job. As we were getting out of the van I made a comment to Kevin about his, umm, widening girth in past years. The words were no sooner out of my mouth when I tripped coming off the curb and fell down! He laughed and began to sing, "Instant Karmas gonna get you, gonna knock you right right in the head." We have been laughing so much and really enjoying one another's company, I forgot how much fun he is to be around. Last night he asked me if I thought he was funny and I told him he has become funnier since being married to me. Ha-ha!

1 comment:

Dy said...

ROFL! Oh, Laney, it sounds like you are having a wonderful time, aside from the foot-related torture session.

Dy