July 26, 2005

Thanksgiving

I woke up this morning with a palpable feeling of thankfulness! Lately I have really been praying that God will show me the blessings in my life. I don't mean the obvious ones like our health or jobs or food on the table and a roof over our heads, even though they are huge blessings, but I want to look for the small, seemingly insignificant ones.

Here are a few things that I am thankful for today:
~ My hearing. Usually I am telling the kids to "hush", but I have really been enjoying their laughter and listening to them speak kindness and gentleness to each other.

~My husband, for the way he is not. In church on Sunday I saw a friend of mine who is having major marriage difficulties and my heart really broke for her. I have been where she is and I know the heartache of feeling that things will never change. I pray for a miracle in her life.

~My husband, again, for the way he is. Sunday our pastor briefly touched on husbands loving their wives as Christ loved the church, selflessly. I leaned over to him (Kevin, not my pastor) and told him that he does that, and more! I have been given the miracle that my friend needs.

There are so many things that I could list, but these are the ones closest to my heart right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week the boys have art camp from 9 a.m. -12 p.m. They have the most wonderful art teacher and I am amazed at their ability to sit and draw, paint, mold and create for hours on end. I really do not deserve the treasures that I have been given in these boys!

What are you thankful for today?

8 comments:

Randi said...

I am thankful for the rain we had last night-we needed it and it made this morning's run nice and cool!

If we take the time to look, we find that we are surrounded by blessings!

Oklahoma Girl said...

I am thankful for the intense year I spent with my brother during his last battle with cancer. I learned so much about living with grace from Dave. He will always be my hero. Dave lifted up everyone else. He taught me how to die after he taught me how to live.
Thanks bro...

J-Lynn said...

I'm thankful for people that let God use them to help others. Only God knows the things people need most and when you heed Gods whispers you can make them happen. It's a wonderful thing!

I'm thankful our pastor & his family is one of those people. ;-)

Unknown said...

I am truly thankful today for the wonderful gift (miracle) that God gave my husband and I, my son! He's all I prayed for, for 8 yrs... and I got more than I ever dreamed of! Even through the hard times we have already had with him, I am thankful for every waking moment... literally though each day he wakes in such a happy mood. I just love it!

Jersey Girl said...

I am thankful that God's mercies are new every morning. I am thankful that He gives us opportunities to "start over" with each new day.

CMB said...

I am thankful for my son and all the joy he brings to my life. Even on his worst days, I would not change a things. He helps me learn and grow. I am also thankful for my husband. We are having a rough time and he is trying to help us through and that is all I am asking.

Dy said...

Oh, SO MUCH to be thankful for! We have really focused on that the past two years, and it's made such a difference in our home, our hearts, and our view of the life God has given us.

Blessings!
Dy

Linda said...

What a breath of fresh air to contemplate the incredible blessings God gives us--too many to count!

Most of all, I am thankful for His steadfast love, His enduring faithfulness, His immeasurable grace and His wise counsel. He is so good!