June 27, 2011

The Princess Bride

My life right now could be summed up in movie quotes from the movie The Princess Bride. Mainly the conversation between the main in black and Inigo Montoya.

"Get used to disappointment."

Uh.Yep.

Getting used to to it. Getting to be a freakin' pro at it.

*****************

"She doesn't get eaten by eels at this time." But she probably will later.

*****************

Man in black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well.

Set me up for hope and then kick the ladder out from under me. Grrreat. Sign me up.

*****************

"You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles." There are no miracles for me. In fact, I keep waiting for the six fingered man to show up, strap me to his water torture table and suck the rest of my years away. Miracle schmiracle.

*****************

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." Word.

*****************
Maybe if I had an albino, a wheelbarrow and the gate key my situation would not seem so bleak. But right now, I have been mostly dead all day,
I have no assets and I seem to have misplaced my good holocaust cloak. The perfect storybook ending.

No comments: